Are you ready to take your smile to the next level but aren’t sure where to start? It’s great that you have so many options in cosmetic dentistry, but choosing which is best for you can be challenging.
Many people who want a better smile have found the solution in porcelain veneers. Veneers are a popular treatment because they conceal a wide array of dental imperfections and leave you with a beautiful smile.
What Problems do Veneers Fix?
A veneer is a thin tooth-shaped shell of porcelain that your dentist bonds to the front of your teeth. Since a veneer forms a new tooth surface, your dentist can use them to design a smile makeover to address numerous problems such as:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Uneven gaps and spacing
- Size and shape discrepancies
- Severe staining or discoloration
- Mild tooth misalignment
Depending on your needs, your dentist may recommend one or two veneers to balance out your smile or a whole set to provide a dramatic smile makeover.
What’s the Process for Placing Veneers?
Placing veneers is similar to the process used for a dental crown.
- Your dentist alters your teeth slightly so the veneers fit naturally along the gum line.
- Impressions are taken and used to create a model of your teeth.
- A shade guide is used to select a color for your veneers that will blend seamlessly with surrounding teeth.
- The model and shade specifications are sent to a custom lab that fabricates your veneers.
When your veneers are ready, your dentist bonds them securely to the surface of your teeth, and there’s nothing left for you to do but show off your stunning new smile!