I wanted to let you know what we are doing to keep ourselves and you safe in this still uncertain environment. Now the fact is that you will not get anything from us here at the office. What we are concerned about is getting things from you and from cross-contamination among patients that come here.
What we are doing to keep everyone safe
- We have spaced out appointments so that there are a minimum amount of patients in the office at the same time.
- We have everyone wash their hands the first thing they come in.
- We have them rinse with a peroxide-based rinse which has been shown to be effective against the COVID virus.
- We mix our bottled water systems with peroxide now as well. So that any water that comes from our instruments has some peroxide in it.
- I use rubber dams as much as possible to isolate your teeth and minimize aerosol generation.
- We take temperatures of everyone including myself and the staff and we take oxygen saturation levels as well.
- We wipe down all the pens, clipboards, door handles, and other heavily touched or shared surfaces in the waiting room and when you check out in the front desk area.
- I have obtained medical-grade air scrubbers that are able to filter out and exchange the air in the room up to 8 times per hour. It can suck in and neutralize a lot of the aerosols that do get generated so that viruses are not lingering in the air in between patients and procedures.
- And of course, as we have always done, we use hospital-grade wipes to disinfect hard surfaces and we use barriers on all surfaces that we touch that cannot be predictably disinfected.
The health and safety of my staff and my patients is always my first priority. And if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know right away.
Thank you and hope to see you soon!