Gum Recession Treatment in Glendale, CA
A no scalpel, no suture solution for issues related to gum recession!
Gum recession is something that is sometimes discussed briefly, but most times it's glossed over. Gum recession can lead to a lot of dental problems such as sensitivity, root cavities, bone loss, "long in the tooth" smile syndrome, and even premature loss of your teeth! Don't "watch" it get worse and play catch up with the problems! It never works and never leads to good things down the road. The solution generally would be a referral to a gum surgeon where they would take a piece of donor tissue from the roof of your mouth and transplant it and graft it to the areas that have the recession problems. Not only uncomfortable (possibly painful) but expensive with a lot of downtime and waiting to see if it would work.
But not anymore!
Dr. Kim is proud to be one of the few dentists formally and extensively trained in a very forward (NON-experimental) method to treat gum recession. The method is called the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST). There is no cutting of the gums and minimal swelling and discomfort are involved. An excellent alternative to the usually expensive and often painful gum grafting procedure.
- No cutting with scalpels
- No sutures
- No cutting of the palate
- No downtime from work or life
- Gum rejuvenation for the "long tooth" smile syndrome
- No pain during the procedure and minimal discomfort afterward. Usually, only Advil and Tylenol is needed!
- Much quicker procedure than the traditional gum grafting procedure
- More economical than gum grafting. Sometimes 25-40% more economical!
- And did I mention "NO grafting"??
- See the video below for an animated description of the procedure.
Call Your Glendale Dentist
If you have any issues stemming from gum recession such as sensitivity, cavities, bone loss, stained fillings, "black lines" around crown and bridgework, aged "Long tooth" smile syndrome, etc. this procedure will work for you. Call our dental office to see if you are a good candidate for gum recession treatment (most everyone is) and Dr. Kim can answer any and all questions you may have.