How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Are you ready to brighten your smile?
Whether you have a special event coming up or you simply want to improve the smile you see in the mirror every day, we are happy to help.
For our patients in Glendale, teeth whitening using the KöR whitening system provides excellent results, removing years of accumulated, set-in stains. KöR even helps remove stains that other whitening systems can’t – such as staining caused by the medication tetracycline.
But how does teeth whitening with KöR work?
- The first step is scheduling a consult with Dr. Kim to determine whether teeth whitening is the right choice for you. Dr. Kim will assess your level of staining, discuss the causes of your staining with you, and consider your overall level of dental health (including whether you will be needing restorative care in the future).
- If teeth whitening is the right choice, we’ll create customized trays for you, using impressions of your teeth, and select the correct strength of whitening gel for your needs. Before you head home with your kit, we’ll review the instructions with you and make sure that your questions are answered.
- At home, you’ll wear the trays as directed. Typically, treatment is done overnight, while you sleep, for about two weeks. The active ingredient in KöR essentially “flushes” your enamel and the dentin beneath with oxygen, forcing out accumulated stains. This results in your teeth returning to their original, naturally white shade – the one you remember from your youth! Don’t worry. Despite the common sitcom trope of the “overly bleached smile” (remember Ross from Friends?), this won’t actually happen with professional teeth whitening products like KöR! Your smile will just look healthy and natural!
- If you have any questions or concerns during your whitening process, don’t hesitate to call our office to ask! One of the biggest advantages of whitening your teeth with professional products (aside from the excellent results) is that your whitening is supervised by your dentist. We are always ready to help you out!
- After your whitening is complete, return to our office. We’ll compare your new shade to the shade you started out with so you can really see the difference!
Teeth Whitening in Glendale
Are you ready to get started? We recommend professional cleaning before whitening to make sure you get the very best results. To schedule a cleaning or your consult with Dr. Kim, call (818) 242-3739.