Infection control has always been a top priority for our Glendale, CA practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our dental office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive dental care, it's both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow these agencies' activities so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to ensure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency's recommendations.
What We Do to Keep Our Patients and Staff Healthy
Infection control is part of our strict standards in order to keep our patients and staff healthy. Among the many guidelines that we follow, we also include the following:
- Up to date sterilization procedures
- Using disposables if it can't be sterilized
- Barrier wraps changed after every patient
- Use of antibacterial/antivirus solutions for all surfaces
- The highest level of mask filters available to us
- Scrubs that never leave the office
- A LOT of hand washing
- Peroxide pre-operative rinses
- MERV 13 air filters for ambient air circulation
- Medical grade air scrubbers/filters
Protocols during Your Glendale Dentist Appointment
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- We are taking temperatures of every patient.
- We are using a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation for every patient.
- We are having patients fill out screening forms to assess patients
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. We will ask those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will manage appointments to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
The Importance of Following Safe Practices
The most crucial thought to bear in mind regarding infection control at our Glendale dental office is that we follow the necessary best practices aggressively for each patient. We hold your health and our health in high regard and do everything not to compromise your safety.
Our patient's well-being is essential to Dr. Kim and our dental team. Our infection prevention policies are in place at our dental office to keep everyone safe.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our dental practice.
Call Us to Schedule Your Next Dental Appointment
If you have any questions about our safety protocols, we invite you to call us to go over our procedures to prevent cross-contamination. We hold your health in the highest regard; your dental office is the safest place you can be.